Saturday 5 March 2011

Scribblemania 6

view of Pendick from the hotel

looking towards Sultanahmet from Kadikoy

mosque and housing blocks from the hotel window

Time to get serious with this blog I think.

I took a trip to the Koc School in Istanbul earlier this year and was joined by the very talented Keith Gray (author of the superb Ostrich Boys). I hadn't previously met Keith but I have to say he is a thoroughly nice chap and excellent company. We had a great week doing workshops and talks with some really talented children who, I should say, speak excellent English even at 5 and 6 years old!

Needless to say, the sketchbook wasn't too far away so I thought you might like to see the results.

Thank you to Ann Wilson for making the trip possible.

Oh, and...Ostrich Boys will be dramatised at Birmingham Repetory Theatre in July this year. Do not miss!

No comments: